ELECTRICAL WHOLESALER STUDY 2016
How to successfully operate in a disruptive
market by building a customer-centric
The electrical goods market is undergoing significant market changes. Three megatrends can be seen as “external shocks” to the industry:
1. LEDification of lighting market
2. Internet of Things / Smart Home technologies
In our whitepaper we discuss several “success factors” that can be applied from the distribution perspective. This will imply levers like branding, pricing or innovation leadership activities.
Exemplary questions that will be addressed:
– How do installers rate the different megatrends using the “hype cycle” concept?
– Which pricing strategies can be used to optimize business value?
– How to improve value from branding activities learning from leading B2C companies like Coca Cola or Volkswagen?
– What are winning strategies for electrical retail and wholesale players?
Professor Dr. Claudia Bünte
- Director Europe for Strategy & Market Insights at Coca-Cola
- Vice President Global Brand and Marketing Strategy at Volkswagen
- Associate Principal at McKinsey & Company for Sales & Marketing serving international leading clients
- Professor for Marketing at SRH Berlin
- CEO of Analyx & Analyx Ventures combining strong backgrounds in top mgmt. consulting, smart data analytics & start-up incubation
- Dealing with the CEO oriented analyses of Big Data for >15 years
- >4 years with McKinsey & Company serving Fortune 500 clients in High-Tech and TelCo industries, mostly in Sales & Marketing
Dr. Oliver Vogler
- Vice President Strategy & Marketing for OSRAM LEDVANCE
- Almost 10 years industry background in Lighting (traditional / LED) with focus on Electrical Wholesale business (Sales & Marketing)
- >3 years with McKinsey & Company serving High Tech clients, especially in Lighting and Semicon industry